Demonstrate Good Character
Providing safe care involves more than being a skilled dental assistant. We believe that good character and reputation is an important part of professional practice.
When you apply for registration, we ask if you have/had:
- outstanding complaints and current investigations
- findings of unprofessional conduct and alternative complaint processes
- conditions/restrictions on practice
- criminal convictions and/or conditional discharges that have not been pardoned
- civil action judgements with respect to your practice
- anything else that may have a negative impact on your fitness to practice dental assisting
You need to provide:
- a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check
- Verification of Standing from every regulatory body you have been a member of
Our Registrar will assess the risk of good character and reputation concerns according to our Registration Policy: Good Character and Reputation.