Our Appointment Committee (AC) is a governance committee that helps us run our organization. This committee reports and makes recommendations to Council but does not have authority to make decisions.
The AC indirectly supports our regulatory work by assisting with the merit-based appointment process we use to recruit and select regulated member councillors.
To be appointed during the Council Appointment process.
- review and evaluate candidate applications using the established rubric
- create a short list of candidates
- interview short-listed candidates
- present list of recommended candidates to Council for consideration
This committee has a very specific structure as follows:
- one Public Member of Council
- one Regulated Member of Council
- one Regulated Member at Large
The AC will be appointed before Council Appointments start and disbanded after Council accepts their recommended candidates.
If you’re interested in joining the committee
We’d like to hear from you! If you have questions, send us a message. Tell us which committee you’re interested in and what you’d like to know.
This committee is only active during Council Appointments. When we are accepting applications for this committee, an application form will be available here.
Who can apply?
Regulated Members may apply with these exceptions:
- a current regulated member of Council whose term is expiring and is considering applying for another term
- a regulated member who is, or has been within the last two years, on the board or in a senior leadership role in an association that provides services to dental assistants and/or a labour or union representative in an organization that represents dental assistants or negotiates on their behalf
What we’re looking for
These are particularly helpful:
- respect and honour confidentiality
- understand the requirements of the Health Professions Act, Dental Assistant Profession Regulation, Standards of Practice, Code of Ethics, Bylaws and relevant policies
- understand the role of the College and Council
- ability to evaluate resume qualifications and interview candidates
- ability to discuss and debate respectfully
- the Attributes, Competencies and Experiences we list at Volunteer Competencies
The AC meets virtually or in person as needed to review applications and conduct interviews during the September/October recruitment period.