The Health Professions Act requires that we establish, maintain and enforce standards for dental assistant registration. Our Registration Committee is a statutory/regulatory committee that directly supports our registration activities.
This committee has authority to make decisions about registration applications and referral to the Expert Review Panel. The committee also reports and makes recommendations to Council on other registration matters.
Jolene Moore, Chair
- review and make recommendations regarding our Registration Policies and procedures
- review registration applications
- participate in registration assessment training
If you’re interested in joining the committee
We’d like to hear from you! If you have questions, send us a message. Tell us which committee you’re interested in and what you’d like to know.
When you’re ready to apply:
- complete the Registration Committee Application Form
- complete the Declaration of Conflict of Interest
- submit your completed forms to email@example.com
Who can apply?
Anyone*. Our registrants and non-members are welcome to join this committee.
*Due to potential conflict of interest with this committee’s regulatory role, anyone who is an officer or senior employee of a professional association or union that represents dental assistants is not eligible to be part of this committee. Current members of Council are also not eligible.
What we’re looking for
These are particularly helpful:
- understand and support the College’s responsibility to regulate the profession in the public interest and the Registration Committee’s role
- understand the requirements for registration as described in legislation, regulations, bylaws, and policies
- when referred by the Registrar, ability to assess a registration application and supporting information to determine, based on risk to the public, if an applicant meets the registration requirements related to the applicant’s disclosure about fitness to practice, unprofessional conduct, criminal offence and/or professional negligence, or other matters where committee review is needed
- objective, transparent, and fair decision making
- ability to assess policies for consistency, conflicts, and effectiveness
- ability to consider issues and recommend broad policy to enable management of similar issues in the future
- the Attributes, Competencies and Experiences we list at Volunteer Competencies
The Registration Committee meets virtually. They meet as needed.