Demonstrate Current Practice
Last updated: December 17, 2020
At: 2:39 pm
We believe that keeping their practice current is one way dental assistants maintain their competence.
Your practice must be current when you apply for registration. We consider your practice current if you:
- apply within 3 years of graduating from a dental assisting/dental program, or
- complete a Clinical Refresher Course* within the last three years, or
- have at least 900 dental assistant clinical practice hours within the last three years, or
- are a dental assistant in a Canadian province where dental assisting is regulated (Labour Mobility), or
- have other qualifications that show your practice is current (substantial equivalence), such as having completed the NDAEB CPE within the last three years.
*If you need to complete a Clinical Refresher Course to meet our Current Practice requirement, the school will ask for a Clinical Refresher Letter. Use this form to request a Clinical Refresher Letter.