Cancel Permit and Registration

Last updated: August 18, 2022

Time: 3:20 pm

You may cancel your registration and Practice Permit when you:

  • are taking an extended leave from practice (more than three years)
  • will no longer be practicing (such as retirement)

To cancel, use our Cancel Registration application. You’ll find it in our Portal at Registration Change Request.

When you cancel your registration you:

  • are no longer on the Dental Assistant Register
  • do not hold a Practice Permit and may not practice
  • may not use the protected titles Registered Dental Assistant and Dental Assistant
  • no longer have access to the Portal (print or save your receipts and competence records before you cancel)

You must re-apply for registration and a Practice Permit before you return to practice.

Scroll to Top