Apply While Completing Your NDAEB Requirements
Last updated: March 22, 2021
Time: 11:32 am
To qualify you must:
- graduate from an accredited* dental assisting program in Canada
- be scheduled to write the NDAEB Written Exam (see note)
- graduate from a non-accredited* dental assisting program
- pass the NDAEB Written Exam
- pass at least one skill in the NDAEB Clinical Practice Evaluation (or complete intra-oral upgrading at an accredited* dental assisting program) within the last three years
- be enrolled in an accredited* distance delivery program
- complete at least one intra-oral course within the last three years
Before you apply, review this important information about Provisional Practice.
To apply, click on “Activate now!” in our Applicant Portal. When you are asked to Choose Category, select the NDAEB In Progress (Provisional) option.
When you apply, be ready to provide:
- Canadian-government ID
- certificate, diploma or official transcript from the school you attended
- NDAEB scheduled exam date confirmation (see note) or exam results (if applicable)
- proof of intra-oral education (if applicable)
- good character and reputation information
- Criminal Record/Vulnerable Sector Check Certificate
- other documents to support your answers in our application
- credit card payment for:
- Application Assessment Fee: Initial Registration
- Annual Fee: Registration
- see our Schedule of Fees for details
The NDAEB has changed to computer-based registration and testing. They are arranging testing centre seats for 2021. Exam seats are limited and in high demand because of a backlog of exam candidates due to the pandemic.
If you intend to apply for Provisional Registration and have attempted to register for the NDAEB Exam but the Exam is full or registration isn’t available, you may still be eligible to apply. Complete this form and submit it with your application for Provisional Registration.
*Accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada. Check their website to confirm your program’s accreditation status.
NDAEB – National Dental Assisting Examining Board