Apply While Completing Your NDAEB Requirements
Last updated: September 13, 2021
Time: 10:36 am
To qualify you must:
- graduate from an accredited* dental assisting program in Canada
- be scheduled to write the NDAEB Written Exam (see note)
- graduate from a non-accredited* dental assisting program
- pass the NDAEB Written Exam
- pass at least one skill in the NDAEB Clinical Practice Evaluation (or complete intra-oral upgrading at an accredited* dental assisting program) within the last three years
- be enrolled in an accredited* distance delivery program
- complete at least one intra-oral course within the last three years
Before you apply, review this important information about Provisional Practice.
When you are ready to apply, follow our Guide for NDAEB in Progress (Provisional) Applicants. It has step-by-step instructions for accessing and using our online application.
When you apply, be ready to provide:
- Canadian-government ID
- certificate, diploma or official transcript from the school you attended
- NDAEB scheduled exam date confirmation (see note) or exam results (if applicable)
- proof of intra-oral education (if applicable)
- good character and reputation information
- Criminal Record/Vulnerable Sector Check Certificate
- other documents to support your answers in our application
- credit card payment for:
- Application Assessment Fee: Initial Registration
- Annual Fee: Registration
- see our Schedule of Fees for details
If you intend to apply for Provisional Registration and have attempted to register for the NDAEB Exam but the Exam is full or registration isn’t available, you may still be eligible to apply. Complete this form and submit it with your application for Provisional Registration.
*Accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada. Check their website to confirm your program’s accreditation status.
NDAEB – National Dental Assisting Examining Board