The Health Professions Act requires that all health care professionals complete education to recognize and prevent sexual abuse of and sexual misconduct toward patients by health care workers. To address this requirement, we developed our Patient Relations Module. The Module is mandatory. Therefore, all dental assistants must complete it.
Keep this in mind:
- You must complete the Module before renewing your practice permit.
- If you already completed the Patient Relations Module, you don’t need to do it again.
- It’s a one-time requirement, but you can refer to it as often as you like.
The Patient Relations Module will help you to:
- understand acceptable professional boundaries and relationships
- recognize behaviours or actions that constitute unprofessional conduct related to sexual abuse and sexual misconduct toward patients
You can access the Module in our Learning Centre.
You can also check the Learning Centre to confirm that you’ve already completed the Module.