At their May 2021 meeting, Council:
Participated in learning about:
- governance development
Had discussions about:
- 2018-23 Strategic Plan
- Mr. Ayo Adediran and Ms. Barbara Joy as Public Members of Council
- Tamara Parker, registration number 4643; and Tara Toner, registration number 5224; to the Registration Committee until November 30, 2021
- Elaine McKay, registration number 2196, to the Governance and Nominations Committee
- Tamara Parker, registration number 4643, to the Competence Committee until November 30, 2021
- Wanda Walker, registration number 2338, as the Program Approval Committee chairperson
- the deficit budget for the 2021-22 fiscal year
Our College is showing an unanticipated surplus for the 2020-21 fiscal year. However, higher numbers of registrants and the very specific requirements of regulatory work create the need to increase staffing. This would mean an increase in registration and practice permit fees for the 2022 year. In light of the ongoing pandemic, Council decided to keep fees as is for 2022 and operate at a deficit instead of increasing the burden on registrants. The current year’s surplus and reserve funds will offset the deficit.
- nominating Jennifer Tewes as a Director on the Board of the National Dental Assisting Examining Board for the term commencing May 28, 2021
- revisions to Registration Policy RP7 Advanced Practice Authorization, effective August 5, 2021
The change to RP7 adds the option for applicants to apply for advanced practice authorization as part of their initial registration application.
- adopting the revised Education Principles
The changes adjust wording to target it more directly to dental assisting students and add clarity for program approval applicants.
- the President with responding to correspondence from the Association of Alberta Dental Assistants