We have experienced so many changes in our world in the past two weeks. Participating in “normal/ routine” activities and having something constructive to focus on can help ease stress.
If you have time during your day, you may want to review your 2020 Learning Objectives and plan your learning for 2021. Here are some things to consider:
- We are aware that many in-person continuing competence learning activities have been or will be cancelled. Do you need to change your 2020 learning objectives? You can make new objectives and postpone or cancel as needed.
- Our CCP offers a lot of flexibility and allows for at-home learning. You can use online learning and reference materials such dental textbooks and journals.
- This may be a good time to review your professional responsibilities by reviewing the Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics.
- Do you want to make new learning objectives in light of COVID-19’s impact on dentistry? This could include reviewing the ADA&C’s Infection Prevention and Control Standards and Guidelines on Emergency Treatment.
- What learning goals do you want to set for 2021?
As Dental Assistants you continually learn and apply knowledge, skills and judgement throughout every aspect of your life. If you need help with your Learning Plans, send us an email.