Governance & Nominations Committee
Our Governance and Nominations Committee (GNC) is a governance committee that helps us run our organization. This committee reports and makes recommendations to Council but does not have authority to make decisions.
The GNC indirectly supports our regulatory work by overseeing our governing documents (bylaws, policies, etc.) and practices, and Council and committee recruitment and selection.
Genevera Hunt, Chair
- review our Bylaws to ensure they comply with legislation and leading practices in bylaws and governance
- review our Governance Policies for effective and efficient governance
- review our governance practices for effectiveness, transparency and focus on Mission, Vision and Values
- develop and implement process for Council and committee recruitment and selection
- recruit new Council members and ensure appropriate succession planning
- recruit committee members
- research and recommend continuing professional development opportunities for Council
- ensure Council performance review
- ensure performance evaluation for Chair, Vice-Chair Governance and Regulation and Vice-Chair Finance and Risk Management roles
If you’re interested in joining the committee
We’d like to hear from you! If you have questions, send us a message. Tell us which committee you’re interested in and what you’d like to know.
When you’re ready to apply:
- complete the Governance and Nominations Committee Application Form
- complete the Declaration of Conflict of Interest
- submit your completed forms to email@example.com
Who can apply?
Anyone. Our registrants and non-members are welcome to join this committee.
What we’re looking for
These are particularly helpful:
- ability to understand legislation, regulations and governing documents and their purpose
- ability to assess documents and practices for consistency and effectiveness
- ability to consider issues and recommend broad policy to enable management of similar issues in the future
- ability to identify inconsistencies or conflicts in policies and procedures that may result in ineffective governance
- recognize leadership and professional characteristics in others
- ability to impartially assess applications for committees and Council
- ability to encourage participation by registrants from diverse backgrounds on Council and committees
The GNC typically meets virtually four or five times a year. GNC meetings happen before each Council meeting. There may be additional meeting(s) if needed for recruitment for Council vacancies.
Expenses and Compensation
Committee members may claim expenses, including travel, accommodation and salary replacement. Committee members are not employees of our College. However, they may claim honoraria for attending meetings and other required functions. Our expense guidelines list all eligible expenses and how to claim them. The guidelines are in the appendix of our Governance Policies at A.GP7.1D.