At their November 2021 meeting, Council:
Participated in learning about:
- governance development
Had discussions about:
- Environmental and Regulatory Trends
- 2018-23 Strategic Plan and future planning
- the consent agenda items
- Elaine McKay, registration number 2196, to the Finance, Risk Management and Audit Committee effective December 1, 2021
- Jolene Moore, registration number 8516; and Amy Sochatsky, registration number 8962, to the Governance and Nominations Committee, effective December 1, 2021
- Jolene Moore, registration number 8516, to the Competence Committee for the December 1, 2021, to November 30, 2022, term
- Jolene Moore, registration number 8516, to the Registration Committee for the December 1, 2021, to November 30, 2022, term
- revisions to Governance Policy GP7.1 Finance, effective November 27, 2021
The change to GP7.1 enables Council Officers to use secure, electronic means for reviewing and approving invoices for payment. This will allow for more timely processing than the previous in-person /courier methods.
- reducing the 2022 Continuing Competence Program Audit to 10% random sample of registrants
By reducing to auditing 10% of registrants, the audit team will be able to do a more in-depth review of each registrant’s audit records. This will result in more meaningful feedback to the registrants to encourage more effective participation.
- removing the conditions from the Provisionally Approved with conditions program approval status of the Reeves College Edmonton South Dental Assisting Program
The conditions have been met and therefore the Program is eligible for Provisionally Approved status without conditions.
- Administration’s recommendations regarding the Professional Liability Insurance policy
- the recommendations of the Registrar Performance Management Committee
- Councillor Rahimi as President; incoming Councillor Hunt as Vice-President; and Councillor Zhang as Treasurer for the 2021-22 term
- Katherine Relke, registration number 2299; Harmeet Gill, registration number 11925; Jill Bateman, registration number 10237; Tamara Parker, registration number 4643; and Tara Toner, registration number 5224, to the Competence Committee with Katherine Relke as Chair, for the December 1, 2021 through November 30, 2022 term
- Katherine Relke, registration number 2299; Carmen Sheridan, registration number 10784; Micheline Gagnon-Wardill, registration number 3148; Tamara Parker, registration number 4643; and Tara Toner, registration number 5224, to the Registration Committee, with Katherine Relke as Chair, for the December 1, 2021 through November 30, 2022 term
- Twila Dary, Elaine McKay and Jolene Moore for their years of service as Councillors
- Chelsey Dudley, Sheri Gervais and Genevera Hunt as incoming regulated member councillors whose terms start on December 1