Alberta Health has provided us with details about Phase 2B and 2C of Alberta’s COVID-19 Vaccine Roll-Out. They expect to begin these phases in April.
This phase focuses on immunizing Albertans with underlying health conditions associated with a higher risk of death or hospitalization for those under the age of 64.
Eligible Albertans aged 16 to 64 with one or more of the listed underlying health conditions will be eligible to get the vaccine. Check the list.
In this phase, health care workers are eligible for the vaccine if they:
- care for clinically vulnerable patients
- deliver face-to-face care for patients
- have frequent contact with Albertans who are high-risk or COVID positive
Dental Assistants, dental office staff and support staff are included.
You will need to provide personal identification that contains a birth date and proof of employment or professional registration (i.e., employee ID card, letter of employment or placement) when booking or attending your appointments with Alberta Health Services or at community pharmacies.
For more information:
- Alberta’s COVID 19 Vaccine Phase 2B and 2C Information
- Alberta’s COVID-19 Vaccine Program
- COVID-19 Vaccine Q&A for health care professionals