We have worked together with the Alberta Dental Association and College and College of Registered Dental Hygienists of Alberta to update the Dental Practice Guidelines During the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Highlights of the updates include:
- updated core symptoms to match AHS
- includes the variation of core symptoms for children under 18
- consider using a pre-procedural rinse instead of 1% hydrogen peroxide 5cc
- updated screening questions to include notes on travelling
- inclusion of stage 3-4 classification of periodontal disease in “Other urgent dental care” list
- updated PPE chart to provide clarity around protective eyewear
It’s important that you review the updated Guidelines and ensure you are practicing accordingly.
Our updates include changes to the Staff Consent Form and Patient Consent Form. Both forms can be accessed by links in the updated Guidelines.